Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Unbearable Lightness of Lenny

I'm used to cats ignoring requests (even though you know they know what you're asking them to do). Lenny (a.k.a. "Zippy the Pinhead") has put a new twist on this by interpreting my request to mean its exact opposite. Case in point: I strolled into the kitchen to find Lenny on the counter near the stove. In a stern tone, I said "down!" He immediately leapt UP, to the top of the refrigerator and from there to the top of the cupboards near the ceiling.

I'm resigned to the fact that when the dust motes sparkling inside his head collide, it's even money as to what will happen. I shall now cry "cabbage!" or "pentameter!" instead of "down!" because my attempts at modifying his behavior are obviously for entertainment purposes only; I may as well practice my vocabulary.

No comments: